Monday, April 21, 2008

Trailers I Love



Saw this trailer before "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" this weekend. I hope it can live up to the hype of the trailer, and with indie fav David Gordon Green at the helm as director, here's hoping it has more bite than bark. Still, an odd marketing choice though... I read this opens in early August with "Tropic Thunder opening just 2 weeks later? I would think two high-profile comedies, both earning monumental internet buzz already, would give each other some breathing room. Will this cause one of the two to fizzle on arrival? Regardless... can't wait.

And because I'm such a nice guy, bonus trailer for "Tropic Thunder". And seriously.... I've been a fan of Robert Downey Jr. since the late 80's when I saw him in things like "Less Than Zero" and "The Pick Up Artist", only to be impressed with him in almost every movie since then. One of the top 5 actors post 1980. If this year doesn't propel him into international stardom, I've lost all faith in the movie-going public.

2 comments:

Chris Gaubatz said...

"Tropic Thunder" looks hilarious. You're dead-on about Robert Downey Jr. Speaking of which, did you know they're making a full-length feature film based on the "Ironman" trailer?

Joe Baker said...

Ha... I heard that news story.