Sunday, February 08, 2009

Rolling Around In My Head

Maybe this blog can serve as an exorcist when songs are stuck inside my head. Like the idea that by posting them for everyone to hear, they'll somehow be expunged from my head? Doubtful. Still, take a look and listen to the below video from a band called We Are Scientists. This one is definitely the catchiest of the bunch (and a hell of a funny video to boot!). It's prominent placement in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" doesn't hurt its exposure either.



This second one is from a relatively new band on my scene. They're called The Airborne Toxic Event. I need to do a little further digging on these guys. Reminiscent of The Arcade Fire, I don't think they're quite as talented as them... or do they create music that builds to the melodic crescendos quite as nicely as Arcade Fire. But there's potential. And the song tells a nicely etched story that we can all relate with.

No comments: