Saturday, May 19, 2007

Posters I Love

It's been a crazy week of traveling and work (sadly, not traveling that includes the south of France where the Cannes Film Festival kicked off) and my posts have been inconsistent at best. So, while scowering the coverage of Cannes so far, I stumbled across this poster. Not only is it one kick ass poster that would do well to boost the finances of any film (what did Godard say- "all you need to make a movie is a girl and a gun") but it's a new film from Olivier Assayas featuring the lusty Asia Argento who I've had a crush on for years now. What are the chances this actually becomes the release poster here in the U.S.? My money is on zilch. We're afraid of sexuality in every aspect. Still, I know I'm putting down my $8.75 when "Boarding Gate" hits North American shores. And a sidenote.... I've got to see The Coen Brothers' "No Country For Old Men" right...freakin...now.


5 comments:

TALKING MOVIEzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TALKING MOVIEzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Gaubatz said...

Joe- Did I ever tell you about the summer of '97 when Asia and I went on a romantic venture to Cancun? I'll be sure to include it in my memoirs someday. Dude here.

Joe Baker said...

Moviezzz, the reviews have been mixed, as it is with seemingly all Assayas movies. Chris, you neglected to mention that tidbit of info during our previous 10 year friendship. You've gotta learn to be more open, man.

PIPER said...

I'm seeing this movie.